why use qr codes?
to frame this question properly, here are two simple overall statements:
• the publishing industry does a nearly negligible job of measuring reader activity from print;
• the publishing industry does a nearly negligible job of measuring advertiser benefit from print.
Asia uses qr codes.
read that statement again.
a few quick reference points to illustrate:
“US$1.65 Trillion in transactions done via QR Codes in China in 2016”
“Globally, 4% of all consumer transactions are via QR Codes”
“Consumer usage of QR Codes will be 5.3 billion QR Code coupons to be redeemed by smartphones by 2022 and 1 billion smartphones will access QR Codes”
anyone who tells you “qr codes are useless” or “nobody uses those things” really isn’t someone you should listen to.
more reasons to use qr codes
• they’re simple technology
• they provide a gateway, not a proprietary endpoint
• they’re suited both for print and digital use
• small files, easily customised